Cutting through the clutter to complete important projects requires a lot of motivation and ability to concentrate. Distraction always stands in the way of productivity. That’s why if you want to know how to become more productive the first question you need to find the right answer to is how to avoid distraction.
You can be distracted by anything which is absolutely normal. If you really want to change the tendency of being pulled in another direction every time you focus on important tasks, you’ve got to do some self-work. At Womanita.com we will help you find the best ways to avoid being distracted from achieving your goals.
If you work in an office, distractions are everywhere. Most importantly, they occupy the same place as your projects – your computer. Giving in to tons of time wasting opportunities is at times very easy. So how to avoid distractions and get the job done? Read on and you’ll learn some smart ways.
Avoiding distractions at work
Your main priorities in life, the things that require your absolute focus and determination should represent your long-term goals. They are the projects that point out your professionalism, your talent and devotion to your field of interest. If that’s what you achieve just by doing your job, you’re one lucky person.
Want to eliminate your major distractions at work? Start planning to become your own boss. If you manage to make your career soar up to new heights, you will be able to concentrate full-time on what’s really important (instead of reacting to urgent but not so life-changing stuff your boss delegates to you).
While you’re on your way to the crucial changes in your professional life, learn how to avoid minor distractions that often stand in the way of your productivity:
- organize your life on a weekly basis: this way you’ll be able to spend more time on your top priorities
- start as early in the day as you can, before the rest of the world is up
- minimize interruption: it takes the average person from 3 to 10 minutes to recover from each interruption
- disconnect the internet: make sure you have everything you need to get the job done and then just forget about Facebook, Youtube and other mass distractions
- clear your desk: otherwise your sense of being overwhelmed will throw off your focus
- make sure that your own emotions don’t slow you down
- if the task is minor, get it done right away: picking up the same piece of work twice counts as distraction
- avoid multitasking: it’s a distraction in itself
- take 10-15-minute breaks to recharge your batteries
Doing things that put you off somehow can cause frustration which makes distractions more frequent and intrusive. Also, avoiding distractions at work is about finding the right motivation. If you are motivated enough and care about what you’re doing you will easily avoid distractions by following our expert’s advice above. What are the most effective ways to stay focused for you?