Curiosity is one of the most important (and universal) characteristics of creative people across the universe. If you know how to develop curiosity you can one day become one of them ideas-generating individuals who bring about rapid changes in the world.
The more curious you are, the more you learn and expand your horizons. The more you learn, the more creative ideas you have the chance to produce. Being passionate about what you do is one of the keys to success in developing your curiosity.
I’ve already let you in on how to boost creativity and enhance innovative thinking, so now let’s switch to curiosity. Although some people are naturally very curious, curiosity can be learned and enhanced. If you want to develop your curiosity, read on and soak in knowledge like a sponge…
How to be more curious: feline tenacity
Some say curiosity killed the cat. I say curiosity can only make the ‘cat’ in you stronger. So why is curiosity so important? It helps you to ask good questions and i.e. come up with lots of correct answers and new ideas. “Judge a man by his questions rather than answers”, Voltaire once wrote. The more questions you ask, the more curious you become.
Why else curiosity is one of the keys to creativity:
- curiosity is pure and raw at the same time, it is innocently boundless
- curiosity gives you freedom of thought and exploration
- curiosity and judgment don’t usually go hand in hand
- being curious is exciting and always fun
Learn how to be more curious and use this knowledge to enhance personal improvement:
- I’ve already touched upon asking questions: make sure your questions are not too easily solvable though; you can start with the simple ones, but don’t forget to find the devil in every detail
- if you are confused, sad or angry about something, get curious: by finding the answers to your ‘Why’ questions you’ll reach enlightenment and stir up your creative genius
- let your mind run free, capture your ideas: good old fashioned pen-and-paper ways will then get your creative juices flowing
- be enthusiastic and avoid boredom: always learn new things, set up challenges, motivate yourself to confront them and you will finally win the curiosity-creativity game
You can also develop your curiosity by exploring the world. Discover your neighborhood, your city, your country. Travel to other countries or read about them. Avoid thinking that you know too much, allow your curiosity to reach the point of insatiability. Believe me, if you are passionate about being curious as one of the steps towards becoming more creative, you will achieve great results.